What is mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy is the injection of a mixture of chemicals and vitamins under the skin; the effect is to:
- Break down the fat cells beneath the skin.
- Help remove the broken down fat into the body’s clearing system (lymphatics).
- Stimulate collagen production, so firming and toning the skin.
What areas can be treated?
- It can treat fat deposits and cellulite in the following areas: Tummy, love handles, bra bulge, inner thighs and knees, buttocks, upper arms, chin.
- The procedure offers an alternative to those who do not want surgery .
Is it painful? How long does the procedure last?
- Although needles are used, these are very fine and painless.
- The injectable contains anaesthetic; this makes injection practically painless.
- Ice is used on the area before and during the procedure.
- The procedure lasts 20 to 30 minutes.
How many sessions are needed? When will improvement be seen?
- 4 to 6 sessions usually recommended, done 1 to 2 weeks apart as a programme.
- Massage treatment is recommended between sessions to help clear the fat more quickly.
- Usually visible improvement noted after 2 or 3 sessions, but may take longer. Improvement continues after treatment.
Any side effects?
- Some redness, swelling and tenderness ,and possibly some bruising in first 24-48 hours. Settles down in a few days.
- Can resume work immediately after procedure.
Any precautions to be taken after?
- Arnica cream to minimize bruising.
- Wearing a corset helps minimize discomfort.
- Avoiding strenuous exercise for a few days after the procedure.
- Drinking lots of water, to help eliminate toxins. Stick to a healthy diet!
Pregnancy, Blood-thinning medications (aspirin, warfarin, Vitamins A,C,E), Cancer, Heart disease